Friday, December 28, 2007

김효진 is Annoying.

Meet Kim Hyojin. She stars with 남궁선 and others on the TV show "Talk and City" (토크&시티)" which too frequently comes between me and entertainment on an otherwise good channel, "Story On."



The entire show is pretty irritating, but Hyojin especially annoys me to no end. I can't quite put my finger on it. I guess I just find her extremely loud, brutish and out of place in the fashionable or sophisticated locations she and her cohost are disturbing in that particular episode. "Talk and City" is probably a Korean equivalent of Dave Attell and his show Insomniac, and perhaps as the ugly one her job is to provide a comic foil to the only-slightly-less obnoxious 궁선. However, I do find that Hyojin looks about as natural in the latest high-fashion trends of 1987 as a spaniel in a Halloween costume, and, whether she's gnawing on some baguettes or forcing mangled Engrish words into her observations, the 31-year-old comports herself with the grace and elegance of a middle school girl at a Super Junior concert. I reckon the show is not about the places they visit but rather the stars' reactions to them, though we might expect a little more from a fashion designer and an actress. The presence of loud tourists and overbearing talkshow hosts---who, if you watch the program, spend a lot of time talking over their "foreign" interviewees---doesn't exactly provide counterbalance to the reputation Korean travellers have earned.

Normally I don't mind people that end up annoying Europeans, but her show is a bit much. Since I can't get the video to embed for some reason, go here instead to see a little clip of the show. See, I don't know exactly what it is . . . but her and 김원희 just annoy me to no end.


No.

There are evidentally three notable 김효진s. One is a model and one is an actress who likes to play with African kids and who jumped on the trend a year before Lee Hyori. Thus, an image search will produce some interesting photos, but will mercifully not turn up many shots of the host pictured atop this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment