Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Love motel story

I've posted this elsewhere, but since I'm busy not working, I figured I'd post it again here.

Last April or May I was spending the night in Gwangju, staying in the Pharoah (파라오모텔), about a block from the more popular Windmill Motel. I got back to the room and was trying to turn off the lights to go to bed. As you might know, in motels the buttons that control the many lights are often on a single box near the TV or on the nightstand. Well, I pushed all the buttons and managed to turn off all the lights but one. The biggest one was still on, and I tried pressing the buttons again, hitting different combinations, checking the walls for switches, and finally pulling the key out of the wall to see if I could reset something. After a few minutes of this I resigned myself to sleeping with the light on. I then got a call from the front desk telling me to try the remote control.

No comments:

Post a Comment