Saturday, September 22, 2007

Korean Oldies and Classic Rock

A week ago I posted a question on Dave's ESL Cafe asking for information about Korean oldies and classic rock. I found a few links, so I thought I'd repost them here for anyone interested. This site has music from the 50s through the 00s, though it looks like most of it is from the 70s and 80s. There are, as of this post, 312 songs, and to browse you click the numbers at the bottom of the page. If you click directly on a link below, you can change songs by hitting "다음글" for next, or "이전글" for previous. Here are a few that I liked, and I'll be linking more as I find them (and please pardon my poor translations; I doubt their entirely accurate):

* 신중현과 엽전등, "바람," from 1975.
Shin Jung-hyeon and the Coins (?), "Wind."

*김선, "떠나야 할 그 사람," from 1969.
Kim Seon, "The One That's Leaving" (?)

*정훈희, "안게," from 1967.
Jeong Hun-hui, "Fog." This song was covered by current pop star BoA. See the video here.

*임희숙, "고향 하늘은 멀어도," from 1973.
Im Hui-suk, "Hometown sky is far away, too."

There are also a few good songs by the band He6 (히식스) on this naver blog. Numbers 3, 4, and 5 are good (you'll have to hit the "stop" button on the first one before you play the others.) The second #1 is a cover of "Proud Mary."

I'm going to spend some time digging around when I get the chance, and hopefully I find more good songs to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment